Who is Ms. Content LLC and what can we do for you?
Are you the type of person who needs to have things written, but you feel awkward and uncomfortable every time you sit in front of a blank screen? Or you’re the head of a marketing department and you know you want to invest in content marketing but would rather leave the actual writing to someone else?
MS. CONTENT LLC CAN HELP YOU WITH THAT!
I’m Melissa Suzuno, a professional writer, editor, and content marketer, and I love to help people and companies tell their stories in clear, compelling, and creative ways with my company, Ms. Content LLC.
I partner with solopreneurs, small businesses, and a few mid-sized B2B companies. The majority of my writing focuses on the intersection of people and work. You’ll often find me exploring topics like:
- Learning & development
- Diversity, equity, & inclusion (DE&I)
- Continuous discovery
But even if that doesn’t sound like you, feel free to get in touch if you like my style and we can see if working together would be a good fit.
Content marketing is basically a fancy way of saying “making stuff,” or more specifically “making stuff that is helpful to people and answers their questions.” There are a few things that make me especially adept at this:
- I have an undergraduate degree in Literature from a prestigious liberal arts college. (This means I’ve read widely and spent a lot of time thinking big thoughts. It also means that I can sing the first line of The Iliad in ancient Greek, but I don’t usually do that because it tends to scare people.)
- My classical, not-so-practical undergrad education is coupled with a super practical MA in Translation and Professional Language Skills, which means I know how to edit, proofread, and revise documents for clarity and accuracy.
- I spent a big chunk of my career in Japan, working with non-native English speakers. This means I know how to write—and communicate—clearly and simply.
- I’m naturally curious and inquisitive about the world around me—and I’m not afraid to ask really obvious questions!
- Marketing jargon and corporate speak are not really my scene. I like to write like a real human being. That said, I know how to adapt my voice to the situation.
- I’ve worked full-time at several HR tech companies and freelanced for several more, so I’ve written extensively about recruiting, onboarding, employee experience, L&D, and performance management.
- Since I started freelancing in 2017, I’ve expanded my client portfolio to include several product coaches and companies. I edited Teresa Torres’ wildly successful book, Continuous Discovery Habits and regularly work with other coaches on content projects like blogs, newsletters, and website copy.
STILL READING? AWESOME!
Get in touch with me to discuss a writing/editing/content marketing/other project that you’d like me to help you with. To do this, just drop me a line at hello AT ms-content DOT com or you can fill out this form and I’ll get back to you shortly.
Typically, it takes time for a content marketer to get up-to-speed with a company’s tone of voice and to become a subject matter expert. It took Melissa no time at all. Her quality of work is excellent. She has an impressive ability to absorb unstructured information and turn it into clear and helpful content. Melissa is a strategic storyteller—a rare and highly-valued skill on marketing teams today. If you are looking to create leading content in your industry, you will want to hire her, and she comes highly recommended from me!