Once upon a time, I tried to sit down every quarter and share some of the projects I’d completed. I’ve fallen waaaay behind on that commitment (the last time I did one of these posts was back in July of 2020(!), but there’s no time like the present, so I thought I’d put together a little compendium of what I’ve been up to over the past couple of months.
Product at Heart
Certainly one of the highlights of the summer has been my involvement with Product at Heart, a conference for curious product people held in Hamburg, Germany. Not only did I attend the Leadership Forum and main event to help share the hype on social media, I also wrote several recaps for the Product at Heart blog, including:
- Product at Heart 2023: Key Learnings & Takeaways
- Product at Heart 2023 Leadership Forum: Key Learnings & Takeaways
- Providing Directional Clarity to the People Around You
- Finding Clarity of Thought for Yourself
- Exploring Product Operations
- Knowledge Exchange for PMs
Attending the conference also gave me the opportunity to hang out with several of my lovely clients in person, including conference co-organizer Petra Wille, Teresa Torres, and Martina Hodges-Schell. Hamburg cooperated by providing some of its characteristic “summer” weather just in time for our boat ride (see the photo below).
I continue to edit the Product Talk blog and newsletter and write posts for the Product in Practice and Tools of the Trade series. I’m especially proud of two recent contributions that involved conducting several interviews and distilling complex topics into (I hope) clear and concise overviews that make it easy for readers to take action:
- Tools of the Trade: Using Personal Knowledge Management to Solve Problems and Boost Creativity
- Bringing Order to Chaos: Using Opportunity Solution Trees in Everyday Life
I regularly write for the Greenhouse blog and I’m so lucky that the content team always assigns me super interesting topics like the role of artificial intelligence in recruiting (especially as it relates to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging) and candidates’ expectations and preferences in a turbulent talent market. They also sent me to the From Day One conference in San Francisco, where I got to hear about all kinds of topics of interest for HR leaders. Here are a few of my recent contributions:
- Flexibility is key: Results from the 2023 Greenhouse Candidate Experience Report
- The case for investing in DE&I—even during lean times
- How to build an ERG that supports your people (and your business)
- AI, DEIB and the future of hiring: Cautious curiosity from candidates and hiring managers
Petra Wille, Martina Hodges-Schell, and Kate Leto
I’ve been supporting this trio of coaches with a variety of content projects, including:
- Conducting interviews and writing case studies like this one and this one for Petra
- Revamping all the copy on the Northshore Studio website
- Working with Kate on building a library of product EQ content for product leaders, including posts on teamwork, emotional self-control, and the drama triangle.
We’ll see how I do about keeping up a quarterly pace of these updates! And if you’re interested in exploring how I might be able to help you with any of your content projects, you can learn more about working with me and get in touch here.